There were few news items that hit as hard in the beauty world last year as the launch of Marc Jacobs Beauty. With its sleek packaging, high-tech formulas, and to-die-for shades, MJ's products were the answer to every beauty maven's dreams. And now, in typical Marc fashion, the brand has shocked and awed with the announcement of their spokesmodel. The new face of Marc Jacobs Beauty will be none other than iconic 64-year-old actress Jessica Lange.
The brand released this shadowy sneak peek image today on Instagram. The
campaign was shot by David Sims, who also captured the first images
promoting the brand's launch. Lange was most recently featured as the voice behind Jacobs' spring '14 show. And, it looks like she's now officially one of his muses.
The announcement comes hot on the tail of NARS announcing 68-year-old
Charlotte Rampling as its newest face — we can't help but wonder if this
is simply a coincidence or if these two events may officially signal
the end of ageism in the beauty industry. Either way, we're thrilled to see these iconic women being celebrated as they should be — their time-honored gorgeousness is truly inspiring.
Wednesday, February 26, 2014
Who would've thought all this could be packed in one Energy Shot?
- No artificial flavors or sweeteners: These are delicious all on its own
- Increased alertness:* Work hard, play harder
- Supports a healthy metabolism* that will keep you going stronger, longer
- Helps the body’s thermogenic process *
- Superfruit blend: On top of containing all-natural sweeteners, their flavor tastes like the nectar of the Gods
- Practical. Nutritional. Powerful
Sunday, February 23, 2014
Monday, February 17, 2014
|Designer Michele Savoia with singer Ricky Martin|
Mens’ suitmaker Michele Savoia, 55, who was last seen alive in the predawn hours Thursday, was found in the Hudson off Chelsea Piers, near where he docked his 42-foot Chris-Craft yacht.
“I’m just so glad they found the body,” his girlfriend, Juli Berg, told The Post. “Not knowing was the worst.”
Cops said there was no sign of foul play and they believe Savoia, who lived on the boat, was drunk and accidentally fell into the river.
“I texted him early Thursday morning,” Berg said. “I didn’t hear anything. I tried to call him a few hours later, and both of his phones were off.”
Savoia’s cellphone and ID were on his body when an NYPD scuba unit found him at around 1:25 p.m.
“He never made it to the boat,” Berg said. “The weather was really bad that night. When you walk down onto the pier, there is a metal ramp. I think that’s where he fell.”
Savoia was found wearing the same raccoon-fur coat he had on the night he vanished.
“I knew if it got wet it would be like a lead weight,” Berg said.
Savoia was last been seen by friends at 4 a.m. Thursday as he left Chelsea’s Marquee nightclub.
Several pals of the flamboyant designer — whose clients included Robert De Niro, Ricky Martin, Mickey Rourke and Chris Noth — grew worried and went to his boat to look for him.
Savoia had finished teaching a class at the Fashion Institute of Technology at 9:30 p.m. Wednesday, had dinner with friends, and then went to the Norwood Club with a male friend.
The two hit Marquee at around 12:40 a.m. Thursday. Savoia spent about $600 on drinks before leaving alone at 4 a.m., a source said.
Video shows him staggering into a black SUV at 27th Street and 10th Avenue. The car turns a corner and parks, with Savoia emerging a few minutes later. He is seen walking south — in the middle of 10th Avenue — toward 26th Street.
“He just had a lust for life,” Berg said. “That’s why I fell in love with him. I never met anyone like him before.”
Savoia would meet clients out on his boat and sometimes take them for a cruise up the Hudson.
“He just loved doing things visually,” Berg said. “He always said that he built suits. He never said he made suits.”
Other friends remembered Savoia — who also owned a 1958 Harley — as a one-of-a-kind artist who lived his life to the fullest.
“It’s a tragedy. He was one of my best friends for 30 years,” his business partner Felix Rodrigues said through tears after Savoia’s body was found.
“He was a talented man. Everyone knew him — he was a crazy s.o.b. If I had to describe Michele Savoia in any way, it would be a red Corvette driving 150 miles down the highway without a driver.”
by Jamie Schram and Joe Tacopino via New York Post - Additional reporting by Gabrielle Fonrouge
Sunday, February 16, 2014
For all my peeps in the beauty industry, this presentation explains it all. Not only can you provide your clients (and yourself) safe, effective, affordable products by MODERE, you can offer them (and yourself) the opportunity to change their skin and their lives.
MODERE is pioneering a brand new industry called Social Retail. This disruptive business model is unlike any you have ever seen. Whether you want to build the brand, promote the brand or just shop and share the love; MODERE has a home for everyone.
For additional information about MODERE or their amazing products, go to askmegd.shiftingretail.com or visit www.modere.com/9m9g6r
Saturday, February 15, 2014
|The Look Good Collection - www.modere.com/9m9g6r|
The Look Good Collection is a $177 value plus free shipping.
The Look Good Collection includes:
- Repairing Hair Mask 125ml - Improves hydration and shine while nourishing severely damaged hair
- Anti-Aging Serum 45ml - Moisturizes and enhances skin volume – don’t worry, that’s a good thing
- Skin Brightener 125m - Glowing skin to match your glowing personality
- Antioxidant Gel 30ml - Brightens skin tone for increased radiance
- Antioxidant Hair Serum 45m - Nourishes and smooth’s hair with moluccana seed oil and improves color longevity
- Dual Action Eye Gel 17ml - Reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
Like what you see? Want to learn more about this disruptive new retail model that is unlike any you have ever seen? For more information about this dynamic company called MODERE, go to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.modere.com/9m9g6r
Friday, February 14, 2014
- Excellent source of fiber – smooth powder that mixes easily providing six grams of fiber per serving
- Sweet citrus taste – Sweetened with Stevia which is 100-300 times sweeter than table sugar, contributing zero calories
- Promotes a healthy digestive system* – give your insides some attention
- Supports bowel regularity and waste removal* – your stomach will thank you
- Promotes intestinal tract function *
- Supports colon health*
- Supports gastrointestinal health*– pre- and probiotics in every serving
- Supports feelings of well-being*
- Helps maintain cholesterol levels already within the normal range*
Sure, others claim to be safe, but have they been doing it for 25 years? We have. We pioneered safe, non-toxic products and demanded excellence from ourselves every day along the way. And still do. We don't compromise—you'll never see us use cheap ingredients, harsh chemicals, test on animals, or create lame products. This is our promise.
Tuesday, February 11, 2014
Tuesday, February 4, 2014
If you don't know, now you know... Lo-Fang is opening for Lorde on her world tour and will undoubtedly explode onto the pop charts. Their mix of melancholy lyrics and electronic tracks will most certainly be a crowd pleaser. Remember, you heard it here first... ;)